Sunday, September 5, 2010

[ItzToday.com] Konkana Sen And Ranvir Shorey Got Married.

[ItzToday.com] Konkana Sen And Ranvir Shorey Got Married.


Konkana Sen And Ranvir Shorey Got Married.

Posted: 05 Sep 2010 04:23 AM PDT

Bollywood actress Konkona Sen Sharma has confirmed that she has tied the knot with her long-time boyfriend Ranvir Shorey at a private ceremony in Mumbai.

"Hey guys. Ranvir and I got married on the 3rd (September). Thanks for all the good wishes! Goodnight," Konkona, 30, posted on her microblogging page Twitter.

The couple, who got engaged in 2008, reportedly exchanged wedding vows in an intimate ceremony at their Goregoan residence. Only a small number of friends, including Fardeen Khan and Shilpa Shetty, attended.

While Ranvir, 38, was dressed as a Punjabi groom, Konkona wore a Bengali sari and her grandmother's jewels.

"We wanted you to read it here first but... we got married! Yay," wrote Ranvir on his Twitter page. "The best wish/advice I've received on marriage so far: 'Congratulations! Don't do it again."

Konkona, daughter of Bengali filmmaker and actress Aparna Sen, is known for her roles in "Mr & Mrs Iyer", "Page 3", "Life... In A Metro" and "Wake Up Sid".

While Ranvir made his mark with films like "Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd", "Khosla Ka Ghosla", "Pyaar Ke Side Effects" and "Mixed Doubles".

As soon as the National Award winning actress confirmed her marriage, congratulatory messages have started coming in on the microblogging site:

Genelia D'Souza: "Congratulations Konkona, lots of love and happiness to a new life."

Shabana Azmi: "Congratulations both of you - bahut saara pyar (lots of love)."

Karan Johar: "...huge congratulations!!! The best years ahead!!"


Aamir Khan Says It's difficult to recreate same emotion in remake

Posted: 05 Sep 2010 03:43 AM PDT

Aamir Khan Says It's difficult to recreate same emotion in remakeBollywood superstar Aamir Khan, who played the lead in the Hindi remake of Tamil hit "Ghajini", says it's difficult to retain the emotion of an original film in its remake.

"It's difficult to remake because the original things are made with such emotion that it becomes difficult to recreate the same emotion. When you come to compare it, a remake can never meet the level of its original version. But there is always an excitement of an artiste," said Aamir.

The 45-year-old actor said his 1991 hit "Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin" was an adaptation of a Hollywood film "It Happened One Night" (1934).

"I worked in a remake of 'Ghajini'. It was originally made in Tamil, which we remade in Hindi, but it was not an old film. In 1934, Hollywood director Frank Capra had made 'It Happened One Night'. I read the script from collections of screenplays and I liked it so much that we adapted it and remade 'Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin'," said the actor.

Aamir was speaking to reporters Saturday night at PVR Phoenix Mill, where he attended the screening of Shammi Kapoor starrer "Teesri Manzil" as part of the Purani Jeans Film Festival organised by Radio Mirchi.

The actor maintains if he ever go for a remake again, it will be for the sake of re-living moments of the film that excite him.

"Every one has their own reasons to remake a film, but if I ever make a remake then the reason would the material, the story, the characters, the moments of that film excite me so much that I want to experience them personally as a creative person and if possible then would interpret in my own way.

"Like Shakespeare plays if you see, it's still performed. Different groups make their independent adaptation of his plays. I think when we try to remake one, we pay respect to that creation like a tribute," said Aamir.


For Aamir Khan, uncle Nasir Hussain is his guru

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 11:40 PM PDT

For Aamir Khan, uncle Nasir Hussain is his guruOn the eve of Teacher's Day, Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan, who made his debut in acting as a child artist in Nasir Hussain's "Yaadon Ki Baarat" (1973), revealed that he regards his late uncle to be his guru as he had worked with him for four years as an assistant director.

"My guru was my uncle Nasir sahab, because with him I worked four years as assistant director. Even my debut as child actor was also in his film 'Yaadon Ki Baarat'," Aamir told reporters Saturday at PVR Phoenix Mill, where he watched "Teesri Manzil" in Purani Jeans Film Festival organized by Radio Mirchi.

The actor wished his late uncle could see his directorial debut "Taare Zameen Par" (2007).

"I will always regret that when I directed my first film 'Taare Zameen Par', my uncle had passed away. I always feel that if he had been there, he would have been very happy. I always miss him that way," said Aamir.


Kareena Kapoor fit for my Teesri Manzil's role: Asha Parekh

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 11:38 PM PDT

Kareena Kapoor fit for my Teesri Manzil's role: Asha ParekhVeteran actress Asha Parekh walked down memory lane Saturday as she recalled her blockbuster film "Teesri Manzil" and said if the film is remade today, actress Kareena Kapoor should play the role she essayed.

"Its very difficult to choose one actress to play my role in 'Teesri Manzil' because all of them are so good, but if I have to then I think Kareena should do it. She will be very good in it," the 67-year-old actress told reporters at the screening of her 1966 film "Teesri Manzil", organized by Radio Mirchi.

Feeling nostalgic, Asha also revealed an incident during the shoot of the film that she still remembers.

"In the film there is a song 'Aajaa aajaa'. When that was being picturised, I somehow contracted an allergy. So I was on a lot of medicines. Because of that I had to finish the song very soon, had to do a lot of portions together. That was quite difficult and I still remember that," she said.

Her co-star in the film Shammi Kapoor, singer Asha Bhosle and actor Aamir Khan were among others present at the event.


Aamir Khan wishes to be an actor of 1950s-60s

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 11:35 PM PDT

Aamir Khan wishes to be an actor of 1950s-60sBollywood superstar Aamir Khan is so fond of films of the 1950s-60s that he wishes he was an actor in that era, which he describes as the golden period of Indian cinema.

"To me the 1950s-60s were the golden period of Indian cinema. During that time the creative talents be it director, actor, lyric writers, composers, writers and in every department used to be excellent," Aamir told reporters at PVR Phoenix Mill, where he came to attended the screening of "Teesri Manzil" in Purani Jeans Film Festival organized by Radio Mirchi.

"I think that people during that time were more passionate about filmmaking," he said.

"All old films I see, I feel that I should have worked in them. 'Teesri Manzil', 'Guide' and the list is unending. They are so fantastically made. I wish I was born during that period," he added

The actor was all praise for the radio station's initiative for screening Indian classics.

"It's a great opportunity for the youngsters today to see these films, made by such talented people, great artistes, performers, directors, writers and composers. This is actually our treasure," said Aamir.

"In every period of time different kind of talent has come in Indian cinema. So it's quite difficult to compare one period of cinema with the other," he said.

"I don't think that now there is any dearth of talent. It often happens that we like older things, as there is a nostalgia value. But I think that talent at that time was really special. But today's talent, like me, is privileged and proud to belong to this lineage of talented people," said Aamir.


Shammi Kapoor recalls wife's death during 'Teesri Manzil'

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 11:32 PM PDT

Shammi Kapoor recalls wife's death during Teesri ManzilVeteran actor Shammi Kapoor, who had enthralled audiences with his super-energetic performance in "Teesri Manzil" (1966), remembers his first wife, actress Geeta Bali, whom he lost while he was shooting for the film.

"There are many beautiful moments I spent during the making of 'Teesri Manzil'. There are some sad moments of my life that occurred during the making of film as well. I lost my wife in that period of time in 1975 and then we continued to work," Shammi told reporters at PVR Phoenix Mill, where he had attended to watch "Teesri Manzil" in Purani Jeans Film Festival organised by Radio Mirchi.

"She was there when I started working in 'Teesri Manzil'. She would have been very happy to see my contribution in this picture, which I am very proud of," he added.

Asked which actor of today's generation could reprise his role had the film been remade, he said: "I don't think you will be able to make it again."


Salman Khan's role of Chulbul Pandey in Dabangg was to be played by Sonu Sood

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 11:29 PM PDT

actor Sonu Sood plays a young politician in upcoming film DabanggKnown for doing intense roles, actor Sonu Sood plays a young politician in upcoming film "Dabangg". But he reveals that he was actually supposed to play the lead role, now being essayed by Salman Khan.

"The film was brought to me before Salman came on board. Initially I was supposed to do Salman's role of a cop... but when he decided to be a part of the film, I was offered the role of the youth politician that I'm now playing," Sonu told IANS in an interview.

The actor, whose acting skills came to the fore in films like "Yuva" and "Jodhaa Akbar", says he is not afraid of being overshadowed by the superstar.

"I'm not scared that I'll get overshadowed in the film because of the presence of Salman. I completely trust Abhinav Kashyap, the director, who was Mani Ratnam's assistant director during 'Yuva'.

"I know him since those days. Also, the character I'm playing is quite strong; so being sidelined was something that never bothered me," said Sonu, whose character in the film is named Cheddi Singh.

Directed by Kashyap and produced by Salman's younger brother, actor Arbaaz Khan, "Dabangg" is set to hit screens Sep 10. Apart from Salman and Sonu, the film also stars Shatrughan Sinha's daughter Sonakshi, Om Puri, Dimple Kapadia, Vinod Khanna and Mahesh Manjrekar among others.

Sonu calls his character in the film a modern-day Gabbar Singh of "Sholay" fame. The actor adds that he got into the skin of his character by recalling the mannerisms of some of his classmates from engineering college.

"Cheddi Singh is a very powerful guy in his area and is very unpredictable. He is like a modern Gabbar. He rules the place he is in. But then things change for him when Salman's character makes an entry," the 37-year-old said.

"When I was doing my engineering, I had a lot of friends from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar who were into youth politics; so I know the body language of people from that area. I know how they react to things, their mannerisms...That actually helped me get into the skin of my character," he added.

Sonu, who made his Bollywood debut with "Shaheed-e-Azam Bhagat Singh" in 2002, was better noticed as Abhishek Bachchan's brother in Mani Ratnam's "Yuva" (2004). He then went on to do films like "Aashiq Banaya Aapne" (2005), "Sheesha" (2005), "Siskiyaan" (2005) and more recently "Singh Is Kinng" (2008) and "Jodhaa Akbar" (2008) among others.

Even though the actor is hungry for more meaty roles, he is happy that he has been able to survive in the industry so long.

"I'm happy with the way my career is moving but still there's a lot of hunger in me to do more...I want lots more to be offered to me. But still I'm happy with what I've achieved because it wasn't easy for a person like me, who is not from a film background, to come and get work in the industry," Sonu said.

"Now I just work on my survival tactics. I only do films that really excite me as an actor. I give 100 percent to my character, I do rehearsals, I get involved and give my inputs to the director too. Also, I'm very focused that this is the place for me. I have nowhere else to go and I have to survive in this industry by hook or by crook. I take this as a challenge," he added.


For Manjo Bajpai, voice-over is tougher than acting

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 11:22 PM PDT

For Manjo Bajpai, voice-over is tougher than actingAfter playing a role inspired by the Mahabharata's Duryodhan in "Rajneeti", Manoj Bajpai has lent his voice to the character of Ram in 3D animation film "Ramayana - The Epic". He says doing the voice-over for an animation film is far more difficult than acting.

"It's difficult to give voice to any animation film. When we dub for our films, we have to perform as good as you have done on screen, but to do an animation film, where you don't have the scene, don't have other characters, don't know how the scene is actually going to be - keeping all those things in mind you have to give voice to the character," Manoj told IANS.

The actor said it was difficult to "live up to the expectations" of lending one's voice to a character like Ram. He had to go through strenuous rehearsals to get the perfect tone required for the film directed by Chetan Desai.

"I had to go through a lot of rehearsals to get into the character. I struggled with each and every word, sentence and the graph of voice to retain the softness and mildness of Ram, yet be aggressive. It was a very difficult task," Manoj said.

He finished dubbing for "Ramayana" just before playing a character inspired by Mahabharata's Duryodhan in his recent hit "Raajneeti".

"Before 'Raajneeti', I dubbed for 'Ramayana...'. It's a great opportunity for an actor to do such contrasting characters back to back," he said.

According to Manoj, 3D animation is a great medium to popularise Hindu epics at a time when all children want to watch is "Harry Potter".

"The kind of time we are living in, people tend to read Harry Potter and watch it. They don't know the characters of Ramayana and Mahabharata, which are far more superior. They have a larger than life quality in them and this is where the 3D animation is going to do full justice to Ramayana," the actor said.


0 comments:

Post a Comment