Wednesday, November 10, 2010

[ItzToday.com] Neha Dhupia not satisfied with 'Action Replayy' role

[ItzToday.com] Neha Dhupia not satisfied with 'Action Replayy' role


Neha Dhupia not satisfied with 'Action Replayy' role

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 03:18 AM PST

Neha Dhupia not satisfied with 'Action Replayy' roleActress Neha Dhupia is seen in an insignificant role in director Vipul Shah's just released "Action Replayy", but the actress dismisses it saying the part wasn't that bad when it was offered to her. She is more excited about her next release where she plays a dacoit.

"It happens. May be it wasn't so bad when it was offered to me. But in any case it was a guest appearance. Vipul is a friend and I did it for him. It was a very friendly appearance," Neha, 30, told IANS in an interview.

The former Miss India is now looking forward to the release of "Phas Gaya Re Obama", slated for a Nov 26 release. Neha has donned the role of a dacoit, Munni Madam, in the film directed by Subhash Kapoor and believes doing such challenging characters gives a new dimension to any actress.

"I never imagined playing the part. It was only his faith. It's a very challenging role and I thought there are so many actresses who have the potential to play the part. It gives a new dimension to any female actor.

"But he (the director) wanted me to do it and then we got into rehearsals. I think that I am very urban, a city girl. Once I got into this, I started thinking apart. I don't know what started playing in my mind," said Neha.

"Phas Gaya Re Obama" is a comedy film set against the backdrop of global recession that originated in the US.

"I am not the heroine of the film. I am one of the boys, the hero of the film. It's literally like that. I played a male part in a female form," she added.

Apart from acting, Neha also makes her singing debut with the film and she doesn't rule out the possibility of lending her voice in future.

"I had to just rap four lines. It was blown out of proportion by the media. I had said no to this song, but my director was insistent as he wanted a husky voice. And so it happened. I took six hours to finish it.

"I am always a kind of person who pushes the envelope. You will never see me doing the same thing. So if it's a rap this time, that doesn't mean I will sing; and just because it's a rap, it also doesn't mean I won't sing," said Neha.

Would she cut a music album too?

"I don't have patience to scratch a CD. I think my biggest struggle in being a musician would be sitting in a closed studio."

After her crowning as a beauty queen in 2002, Neha donned the grease paint and forayed into movies with 2003 Ajay Devgn-starrer "Qayamat: City Under Threat". After that she was seen in controversial films "Julie" and "Sheesha" as well as commercial hits like "Kyaa Kool Hai Hum", "Garam Masala", "Singh Is Kinng" and "Shootout at Lokhandwala".

She also tried her hand in non-commercial movies like "Delhii Heights", "Mithya" and "Ek Chalis Ki Last Local".

The actress, who has experimented with both mainstream and off-beat movies simultaneously, believes one should not miss any opportunity to show one's acting skills.

"The fun part of being an actor is that I get different roles. I am lucky. And most importantly, I feel I should attempt everything now. You have one life, one career and very few choices - if you are not going to make the most of it, then there is really no fun in what I do," said Neha.


Lady Gaga, Britney Spears on Hollywood rich list

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 02:48 AM PST

Lady Gaga, Britney Spears on Hollywood rich listYoung artists have taken Hollywood by storm with singers Beyonce Knowles, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga finding prominent place on a rich list, which is topped by Oprah Winfrey.

All the three artists have together earned almost 137 million pounds and the sum could not match chat show queen Winfrey, 56, who earned 203 million pounds to keep her place at the top, dailymail.co.uk reports.

But what is noteworthy is that these top female earners are not more than 30-years-old.

Winfrey is followed by Knowles, 29, who is second on the list with 56 million pounds, while 28-year-old Spears was third with 41 million pounds. Gaga, 24, is placed fourth on the list with 40 million pounds, pushing Madonna, 52, into fifth place.


Hollywood Actress Lindsay Lohan reunited with father in rehab

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 02:39 AM PST

Hollywood Actress Lindsay Lohan reunited with father in rehabTroubled actress Lindsay Lohan has been reunited with her father Michael Lohan in rehab, seven months after she had cut him out of her life.

"It was an emotional reunion - there were hugs, kisses and even a few tears when Michael and Lindsay first saw each other," thesun.co.uk quoted a source as saying.

The 24-year-old actress, who had refused to speak to her father for telling false stories about her, finally asked him to visit.

"I have pledged not to comment about anything relating to my daughter. However, I will say I am an incredibly proud father tonight," Michael Lohan said.

Lindsay's mother feels the rehab facility has been a life-changing experience for her.


Sanjay Leela Bhansali denies 'Guzaarish' plagiarism allegations

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 02:30 AM PST

Sanjay Leela Bhansali denies 'Guzaarish' plagiarism allegationsBollywood director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who is in a legal tangle after veteran writer-director Dayanand Raajan accused him of plagiarising the script of "Guzaaarish" from his unpublished novel "Summer Snow", Tuesday refused to comment on the controversy.

A legal notice has been issued against both UTV Motion Pictures, the film's producers, and Bhansali.

"You talk with UTV... I am not getting into it. Yes, a legal notice has also been issued, but you talk with UTV on that. What happens when someone stands up to say... What should I react? If anyone stands up and says I had written it, why should I believe him? During 'Krrish', someone called up and said he has written it and Hrithik got into legal problems."

"It's best that UTV look at it legally and answer them legally and correctly. I am not getting into it," Bhansali told IANS.

The director maintains that he involves himself with such dedication about every minute details associated with the making of his films that he ages five years with every film.

"With my every film I age five years than my normal age because I even look at every thing from the sweeper on my set right up to getting the money, to make a film of this scale to everything. I have a great team; I have great people working with me. My assistants are my pillars of strength. But yes, I passionately live every moment, every line, every thought, every agreement, every actor, I give it all," he said.

"For two and a half years I don't even know the world outside my film exist. I sit all through the making of my set, choosing every word of my dialogues, but I do it because I enjoy it. Every director's duty is to do it. Every director must understand that it is his creation and you are doing it only with the support of those great technicians. So it doesn't remain your film, it remains your vision. It's something you are creating and it's going to remain for lifetime," said Bhansali.

Releasing Nov 19, "Guzaarish", which stars Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan is a love story that also touches the issue of euthanasia. Monikangana Dutta and Abhishek Roy Kapoor also played important roles in the film.


Star Plus serial 'Bidaai' to end with two-hour special

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 02:20 AM PST

Star Plus serial 'Bidaai' to end with two-hour special"Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai", one of Star Plus' most popular shows, will come to an end Saturday with a two-hour finale episode.

The show began in October 2007 as a narration of different treatments accorded to a fair-skinned girl (Sadhna) and a dark-skinned girl (Ragini) in Indian society. It garnered good and stable ratings through its run.

Actors like Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan, Angad Hasija and Kinshuk Mahajan became household names with the show.

Lead pairs from the channel's other shows like "Sasural Genda Phool" and "Maryaada" too will join the finale episode.


Imran Khan, Avantika Mailk to go for court marriage

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 02:10 AM PST

Imran Khan, Avantika Mailk to go for court marriageBollywood heart-throb Imran Khan has revealed that he will have a court marriage with fiancee Avantika Malik to avoid committing his big day to any particular religion.

The actor, 27, has taken inspiration from Danish Aslam, the director of his upcoming movie "Break Ke Baad". Aslam opted for the same procedure to tie the knot with his actress wife Shruti Seth to avoid any religious clash.

"I am from a Muslim family and Avantika belongs to a Hindu family. I personally didn't want to commit our wedding to one religion or another. We felt the best way for us was that we would keep it neutral and have a court marriage," Imran said in a statement.

"Even Danish my director of 'Break Ke Baad' was in the same situation and had a court marriage," he added.

Imran and Avantika, both childhood sweethearts, got engaged in January this year at a farmhouse owned by the latter's family in Karjat. The marriage is scheduled to take place in the second week of January next year.

Also starring Deepika Padukone, "Break Ke Baad" is releasing Nov 26.


0 comments:

Post a Comment