Wednesday, January 5, 2011

[ItzToday.com] A.R. Rahman to launch music video with Dido?

[ItzToday.com] A.R. Rahman to launch music video with Dido?


A.R. Rahman to launch music video with Dido?

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 10:18 PM PST

A.R. Rahman to launch music video with Dido?New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) Double Oscar-award winning Indian music composer A.R. Rahman has revealed that he's coming out with a music video. Speculations are rife that it's the visual representation of his recent international collaboration with English sensation Dido for a number in Danny Boyle's "127 Hours".

"Hey Guys, watch out for the world premiere of my new music video… coming soon," he tweeted.

The 44-year-old also linked a picture with the comment, that shows him wearing a suede jacket and goggles near a helicopter. He, however, leaves the viewers at the mercy of assumptions that it is the video of the popular song "If I Rise".

The Mozart of Madras, as he is fondly called, has apparently also bagged a Golden Globe nomination for his soundtrack for "127 Hours", which is his second stint at Hollywood's second most prestigious annual movie prize after Boyle's Mumbai-based underdog drama "Slumdog Millionaire".

The Chennai-based composer is competing in the Original Score for a motion picture category at the gala.

Starring "Spider-Man" star James Franco, the movie is a biopic about mountaineer Aron Ralston, who was trapped in a canyon for five days by a boulder that fell on his arm and he freed himself by amputating the limb.


Michael Jackson's doctor faces death charge

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 10:16 PM PST

Michael Jackson's doctor faces death chargeLondon, Jan 4 (IANS) The doctor accused of being responsible for late pop legend Michael Jackson's death is due to appear in a Los Angeles court to face a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Conrad Murray, who was treating the pop star when he died June 25, 2009, is accused of negligence by administering a fatal dose of a powerful anaesthetic called propofol that caused the singer's death.

The sleep aid is central to the prosecution's case and was a key factor in Jackson's death. It is rarely found outside a clinical setting, where it is mostly used intravenously before surgery.

Sky News reports the prosecution is expected to argue that Murray was absent from the room while Jackson was receiving the drug and failed to have the equipment which could have revived him.

The charge of involuntary manslaughter is the least serious manslaughter charge in California and carries a maximum four-year prison term and a fine of $10,000.

Evidence against the doctor is expected to be laid out at a "preliminary hearing" after which Judge Michael Pastor can decide whether the case is strong enough to take to a jury.

Murray, a cardiologist, was hired by the singer as he prepared for a 50-date concert series in London. His bill was paid by the promoter AEG, which is facing a civil suit brought by Jackson's mother, Katherine.

Tests found other drugs in Jackson's body - three types of anti-anxiety medication, the stimulant ephedrine and a local anaesthetic.

The doctor's defence team claims he gave nothing to Jackson that "should have killed him" and that he took all necessary precautions. They have also hinted at their strategy that Murray was trying to wean the singer off the drugs, to which he had become addicted to help relieve the symptoms of chronic pain.

They are also expected to argue that Jackson could have self-administered extra quantities of the drug.

Murray has continued to practise medicine since the charges were filed in February and he has successfully fought an attempt to strip him of his medical licence in Nevada.

Even if the judge does decide the case should move to a jury trial, the case could take months.

Legal experts in the US say both sides are preparing carefully for the "highly technical" case.

The prosecution is expected to call 30 witnesses and the preliminary hearing could take up to a fortnight. Members of Jackson's family are likely to attend.


Celina Jaitley not married yet, only engaged

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 10:12 PM PST

Celina Jaitley not married yet, only engaged New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) Celina Jaitley is not married yet, says her publicist who, however, confirmed that the beauty queen is engaged to her long time beau, Dubai-based hotelier Peter Haag.

"Celina Jaitley and Peter Haag are very much together. They exchanged rings in a small ceremony in Mumbai during Durga Puja with their first families present. The official wedding date is yet to be announced," said a statement from her publicist.

The 29-year-old's representatives were compelled to come out with an official statement on her marital status after rumour mills were abuzz that the blue-eyed beauty clandestinely tied the knot with Haag recently.


Singer Cheryl Cole wants to meditate on mountains

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 09:56 PM PST

Singer Cheryl Cole wants to meditate on mountainsLondon, Jan 5 (IANS) A relaxed, six-month long break on a mountain is all that British singer Cheryl Cole wants after going through a marriage split and contracting malaria in 2010.

"It would be nice to take six months out and got to a mountain top and just meditate,
let myself go," Cole has been quoted as saying by contactmusic.com.

Last year was quite stressful for her as she divorced her soccer player husband Ashley Cole and battled potentially-fatal malaria, which she contracted during a trip to Africa with rumoured boyfriend Derek Hough.

After her split, she even thought of taking some therapy, but decided against it.

"It crossed my mind but I'm not trusting enough to bare my soul to a stranger. I'm lucky that I've got friends and family to turn to," she said.

No matter how she felt, she was determined to put on a brave face in public.

"It's very much a perception. Nobody knows what I went through behind closed doors.

"Nobody knows what it was like when I was on my own. Of course I held it together in public. Who wouldn't?"

She is now a judge on the US version of "The X Factor".


Justin Bieber calls herself nuts

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 10:00 PM PST

Justin Bieber calls herself nutsLondon, Jan 5 (IANS) Teen sensation Justin Bieber suffers from insomnia and feels he thinks a lot. But he also believes that it could be a sign he is a good musician.

"I'm crazy, I'm nuts. Just the way my brain works. I'm not normal. I think differently - my mind is always racing. I'm just...nuts. But I think the best musicians probably are," Bieber has been quoted as saying by contactmusic.com.

"I just turn over all night and think. My mind races. I think about all the things I didn't have time to think about during the day - like family and god and things that should be more important but you don't have time to think about, because you just get caught up in everything else during the day," he added.

The 16-year-old enjoys fame, but says he realises his responsibility towards his fans.

"It's hard to really balance myself. A regular kid, if he catches the flu, he just gets to go home. But I can't do that. Everything is important. But, you know, my sanity is important, too. Even if I'm angry, I'll just put a smile on my face and fake it. I don't often fake it - what's me is me. I know I have to give up a lot of myself, or a lot of a private life."


Gwyneth Paltrow felt like zombie after giving birth to son

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 09:40 PM PST

Gwyneth Paltrow felt like zombie after giving birth to sonNew York, Jan 5 (IANS) Actress Gwyneth Paltrow admits that she felt like a zombie after giving birth to her son Moses in 2006 as she had slipped into postpartum depression.

"I felt like a zombie. I couldn't access my heart. I couldn't access my emotions. I couldn't connect," said Paltrow.

"It was terrible, it was the exact opposite of what had happened when Apple was born. With her, I was on cloud nine. I couldn't believe it wasn't the same. I just thought it meant I was a terrible mother and a terrible person," she added.

Paltrow revealed that it was her husband, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, who first thought she might be suffering from postpartum depression. And the star admits that it was hard for her to accept the fact, reports people.com.

"About four months into it, Chris came to me and said, 'Something's wrong. Something's wrong. I kept saying, 'No, no, I'm fine.' But Chris identified it, and that sort of burst the bubble," she added.

"I thought postpartum depression meant you were sobbing every single day and incapable of looking after a child. But there are different shades of it and depths of it, which is why I think it's so important for women to talk about it. It was a trying time. I felt like a failure," she added.


Hollywood Actress Hilary Swank loves sale shopping

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 09:31 PM PST

Hollywood Actress Hilary Swank loves sale shoppingLondon, Jan 5 (IANS) Oscar-award winning actress Hilary Swank loves shopping in sales.

The 36-year-old admits her background growing up in a trailer park has made a different to the way she thinks and she never lets a sale pass her by because she understands the value of money, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"My background is not something I forget. It helps me not take what I have for granted. I really appreciate that I get to travel and see the world, and that I can pay my bills. It's an incredible feeling to know that I can actually buy that pair of shoes, and I appreciate a sale as much as the next person," she said.

"I think about how I am spending my money, and I like to spend on my family," she added.


0 comments:

Post a Comment