Tuesday, August 31, 2010

[ItzToday.com] Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan to miss Raavan in Venice

[ItzToday.com] Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan to miss Raavan in Venice


Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan to miss Raavan in Venice

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:56 AM PDT

Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan to miss Raavan in VeniceBollywood couple Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan won't be able to attend the screening of their film "Raavan" at the upcoming 67th Venice Film Festival, due to prior commitments with their brand endorsements.

"Raavanan" and "Raavan" - the Tamil and the Hindi versions of the Mani Ratnam film - and Anurag Kashyap's "That Girl In Yellow Boots" will be screened at the festival, starting Wednesday.

"Aishwarya and Abhishek are not going for the Venice Film Festival as reported in some media outlets. The festival falls on the same dates on which they have previously committed. Aishwarya is going for an event for Longines (as she is the brand ambassador), while Abhishek will be busy with a shoot for Omega in Italy," said a source close to the actors.

"There are other film festivals too - Doha and Pusan - where Abhishek and Aishwarya are being invited, to showcase their film or even for individual honours. But the duo will decide which ones to attend according to their schedules," added the source.


Malaika Arora Khan to wear million-euro diamond bustier

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:43 AM PDT

Malaika Arora Khan to wear million-euro diamond bustier Item girl and actress Malaika Arora Khan will dazzle in a diamond-studded bustier costing a million euros when she walks the ramp as a showstopper for a jewellery store in the capital Wednesday.

The bustier is crafted from over 500 carats of the finest Belgian diamonds, said a statement from ORRA, the jewellery store.

Apart from Malaika, popular models like Carol Gracias, Indrani Dasgupta and Krishna Somani will be showcasing the jewellery, crafted by ORRA's design centres in London, New York, Tokyo, Antwerp and Mumbai.

-*-

Konkona goes without smoke, drink

Actress Konkona Sen-Sharma says she gave up smoking and alcohol two months ago.

"It's been two months that I've given up smoking and drinking..." Konkona posted on her Twitter page.

Superstar Hrithik Roshan decided to kick the butt a few months ago, and star Arjun Rampal too has expressed a desire to quit smoking.

-*-

Shilpa to bring home an idol for Ganesh Chaturthi

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty has already started preparing for the upcoming Ganesh Chaturthi and she is planning to bring home a mini idol of Lord Ganesha.

Shilpa, a Ganesh devotee, will celebrate the 10-day festival, starting Sep 11, with her family,

According to a source close to the actress, Shilpa is taking care of every minute detail of the idol which will be brought to her home.

Many other actors, including Salman Khan and Nana Patekar, also bring Ganpati idol home and worship it every year during Ganesh festival.

-*-

I'm exhausted with theatre: Sharman

Bollywood actor Sharman Joshi says he has taken a self-imposed break from theatre as he is exhausted after doing it continuously for years.

"I have done a lot of theatre and am exhausted for the moment. It's been a while now and I have done theatre for around eight years," said Sharman.

The actor has become popular in Bollywood after featuring in films like "Rang De Basanti" and "3 Idiots".


Kareena Kapoor wants to work with Aamir Khan

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 11:12 PM PDT

Kareena Kapoor wants to work with Aamir KhanAfter cooking up a crackling chemistry with Aamir Khan in the blockbuster "3 Idiots", actress Kareena Kapoor says she wants to team up with him once again.

"I want to work with Aamir, but he is not doing any film for a year," Kareena lamented.

She is very keen that her actor boyfriend Saif Ali Khan should work with "3 Idiots" director Rajkumar Hirani.

"I always tell him (Saif) that he should work with Raju Hirani," she added.

Kareena will soon be seen in Karan Johar's "We Are Family" alongside Kajol and Arjun Rampal. The film releases Friday.

-*-

My favourite scripts have been biggest flops: Akshay Kumar

Action star Akshay Kumar says even though he chooses his scripts carefully, some times they turn out to be major flops at the box office. Nevertheless, he is raring to go and claims his only motto is to entertain the audience.

"I do read my scripts. In fact, I always have several script-reading sessions before I fully take on a movie. But remember, I cannot predict the future. Some of my favourite scripts have been my biggest flops, but they have sometimes been my greatest successes also," Akshay posted on Twitter in response to a fan's query.

The fan asked the actor as to why he doesn't get best actor awards even after featuring in so many films.

"I do so many, many more movies than any other actor in Bollywood. Therefore my gamble is much higher. I would rather entertain my audience than ever win an award. It's the people I want to please, not those attending award ceremonies," wrote the actor who gave a string of hits like "Heyy Babyy", "Welcome", "Namastey London", and "Singh Is Kinng", among others.

-*-

Back to chappals, rejoices Mandira

She had been flaunting the best of designer labels and high-heeled fashionable shoes for the past three days at the Van Heusen Men's India Week (VHIMW), but now actress and anchor Mandira Bedi is glad to be back to flats.

"After three days of very high heels... flat shoes are like... heaven! Three days of men's fashion and now, back to life... back to reality," Mandira posted on her Twitter page.


Bipasha Basu Hot Photo Gallery

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 11:09 PM PDT

Bipasha Basu Hot Photo Gallery
Bipasha Basu Hot Photo Gallery
Bipasha Basu Hot Photo Gallery
Bipasha Basu Hot Photo Gallery


Hot Bipasha Basu wants star to do issue-based movies for free

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 11:06 PM PDT

Hot Bipasha Basu wants star to do issue-based movies for freeBipasha Basu, who was just seen in "Lamhaa" and is now getting ready to do a film on honour killings, feels issue-based films should be made with small budgets to make them "commercially viable" and stars shouldn't charge any fee to work in them.

"Don't charge any money for working in such (issue-based) films. It's the only way to make issue-based films commercially viable," said Bipasha, whose "Lamhaa" dealt with the problems in Kashmir. But it couldn't earn enough profits at the box office.

"After 'Lamhaa' I am tempted to tell a committed filmmaker like Rahul Dholakia to make out-and-out commercial films. Or if you make a film on a social issue then make sure it doesn't go over-budget.

"It's shameful that 'Lamhaa' was so costly. If it was made for Rs.4 crore, it would have been a hit. When a mainstream actor does a film on a social cause, it should be done free of cost as a sign of commitment to society," she added.

The actress has signed another issued-based film titled "Aakrosh" about honour killings. She plays a schoolteacher in a tradition-bound village and wonders how audiences would react to the movie.

"The social issue, honour killings, is treated like a thriller. Even 'Lamhaa' was treated like a thriller. But how many people went to see it?"

One of the main reasons to sign the film was to get rid of the glamour girl image, says Bipasha.

"For me, the interesting part of doing 'Aakrosh' was to see how far I can get away from my glamorous image. I discovered it was easy for me to do real characters. The director Priyadarshan is a delight to work with. And my co-star is Ajay Devgn who is a good dependable actor. I've another film 'Mr Fraud' with Ajay directed by Abbas-Mustan which got stuck. I don't know if that will ever release."

She will be spending a lot of time in Goa in the coming weeks. First, she will shoot her fitness video on the beaches quickly before winter sets in. Then she will shoot a remix of title song for Rohan Sippy's "Dum maro dum".

The copyright issues with Dev Anand and his film "Hare Rama Hare Krishna" have apparently been sorted out. Pritam Chakraborty is all set to record a new version of the Asha Bhosle classic.

To some extent "Dum maro dum" too touches on a social evil - it takes up the issue of drugs.

"I can't talk about it right now. But when it happens it will happen. Give it another two weeks," said Bipasha.

Talking about her fitness video, she said: "I want it to be shot outdoors in Goa. Winter gets too crowded. And I've a film to shoot in September. So I've to rush the video. I am going crazy doing my calorie counts. This time I've no team. I am doing everything on my own. It's a little boring to do it by myself. But I've always been a loner."

And, yes, all is well between Bipasha and John Abraham.

"If god forbid, anything were to go wrong between me and John, he would be the loser, not me."

John apparently has plans to insure his body parts, but Bipasha isn't doing any such thing.

"I'm a body person and I am definitely into fitness. But I'd never insure any body part. He's welcome to do what he likes. I just want to know which insurance company is insuring his butt."


Sharman Joshi says he doesn't have options

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 11:00 PM PDT

Sharman Joshi says he doesn't have optionsHe is one of the "3 Idiots", has also acted in hits like "Rang De Basanti" and proved his versatility in a wide range of roles, but Sharman Joshi says he still can't afford to be picky and is waiting to turn director to choose his preferred genre.

"I don't have the privilege to plan what film I want to do. I am really at the mercy of what I am offered by writers and directors. But if I ever turn into a director, then I would choose the genre I want to work in," Sharman told IANS in an interview.

The actor, who will be seen next as a criminal from a slum in debutant actor-director Faruk Kabir's "Allah Ke Banday", says he doesn't work hard to get into any character and relies on his instinct to play it with conviction.

"I generally like to rely on my impulse and vision of the director. So I didn't spend time in the slums," Sharman, 31, said about his latest film.

"I wanted to rely on my instincts; so I didn't interact closely with any kid from the juvenile prisons because I didn't feel the need," said Sharman, 31.

Releasing Oct 22, "Allah Ke Banday" also stars Naseeruddin Shah and Atul Kulkarni.

The film narrates the story of two 12-year-old boys living in one of the most ruthless slums of India. From delivering drugs for the mafia to looting people, they do everything conceivable in the crime world because they aspire to be a mafia don.

"In slums, where people struggle for their daily meals, providing education to their children is a far-fetched dream. It's a Catch 22 situation. The kids who grow up in this atmosphere unknowingly become susceptible to petty crimes starting from pickpocketing and with time graduate to more complicated crimes, even contract killing. Your heart goes out when you meet these kids.

"When they are put into juvenile prison to be refined into a better citizen, the inhuman exploitation they are subjected to raise their anger towards society and they come out as a bigger criminal."

He heard the script three years ago and was bowled over.

"The idea was narrated to me three years back. I found it quite interesting. Faruk and me live in the same building actually. He took around six months to develop the story and the screenplay. Then he took time to cast other characters. It took a-year-and-a-half to prepare before starting the film," said Sharman.


0 comments:

Post a Comment