Sunday, November 28, 2010

[ItzToday.com] Emma Watson not to have her own perfume brand

[ItzToday.com] Emma Watson not to have her own perfume brand


Emma Watson not to have her own perfume brand

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 02:30 AM PST

Emma Watson not to have her own perfume brand"Harry Potter" actress Emma Watson has no interest in releasing her own perfume as she doesn't see the attraction in it.

"I can't understand this fragrance thing. Why would you want to smell like somebody else? Don't you want to smell like yourself,," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Watson as saying.

While she has no desire to have her own perfume, the 20-year-old actress who has appeared in series of campaigns for British fashion house Burberry wants to work in fashion industry.

"I love it, and I will continue to work in the fashion industry. I am interested in ethical fashion, I want to make a difference and it's nice to contribute," she said.


Kim Kardashian, Gabriel Aubry go on Thanksgiving date

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 02:23 AM PST

Kim Kardashian, Gabriel Aubry go on Thanksgiving dateReality TV star Kim Kardashian has fuelled rumours that she is romantically involved with Halle Berry's ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry after they were spotted together on Thanksgiving.

The two were seen in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles together during the festival as they watched the new film "Burlesque" at the Arclight Cinema Theater.

While the TV star was seen wearing a short tulip-dress and black top, model Aubry looked semi casual in his white shirt, reports aceshowbiz.com.

Kardashian has been spotted with model Aubry for the second time in a week. The duo were previously seen watching the LA Lakers basketball game at the Staples Center together.

One of their friends said: "That whole Lakers thing was totally intentional. Both Kim and Gabriel wanted people to see them together. No doubt about it."


Christina Aguilera loves being a mother

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 02:16 AM PST

Christina Aguilera loves being a motherSinger Christina Aguilera beams with pride every day because of her two-year-old son Max.

The "Burlesque" star, who recently split with Max's father Jordan Bratman after nearly five years of marriage, says she loves being a mother and enjoys the "little things" they do together as well as regular trips to Disneyland, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"Being a parent allows you to beam with pride on a daily basis. Even the little things bring us so much joy-like singing as I put Max to bed or going trick-or-treating and seeing Max dress up on Halloween," said Aguilera.

"Max and I go to Disneyland often. It really is the happiest place on earth," she added.


Ajay Devgan says Madhur Bhandarkar understands women best

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 02:10 AM PST

Ajay Devgan says Madhur Bhandarkar understands women bestMadhur Bhandarkar has finally switched to comedy but his film "Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji" too has key roles for women like his earlier movies. And actor Ajay Devgn was candid when he said that no one understood women like the director does.

"Madhur has made a great film because nobody can understand women as Madhur can," Ajay said at an event here late Saturday to unveil the first look of the film.

Asked to comment on Ajay's remark, an amused Bhandarkar said: "I don't know why Ajay felt this. But of course I know women very well because I have three in my house - my wife, mother and my daughter."

"Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji" is about how life changes for three men with the entry of three women.

Apart from Ajay, the movie stars Emraan Hashmi, Omi Vaidya, Shruti Hassan, Shraddha Das and Shazahn Padamsee. It is slated to hit theatres Jan 28.

In the film, Ajay will be seen playing a man in his mid 30s going through a divorce, when a much younger girl comes into his life and he starts changing himself.

Bhandarkar has earlier made serious women-oriented films like "Chandni Bar", "Page 3", "Corporate" and "Fashion".


Freida Pinto insists her relation with Dev Patel challenging

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 02:04 AM PST

Freida Pinto insists her relation with Dev Patel challengingActress Freida Pinto says her relationship with "Slumdog Millionaire" co-star Dev Patel is a challenge because they spend so much time apart.

The actress, who has been dating the British star since they met on the set of Oscar winning film "Slumdog Millionaire", admits they are both focused on their careers, which means they spend a lot of time apart, but she insists the pair try not to let it disrupt their romance too much, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"I am still together with Dev. It's a challenge to meet mid-way because I live in Mumbai," she said.

"But at the same time, we both respect and support each other. We know this is our work. And we know that we have got to concentrate and focus on that as well, just as much as we concentrate and focus on the relationship," she added.


Ashutosh Gowariker speaks on 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey'

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 01:59 AM PST

Ashutosh Gowariker speaks on 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey'Award-winning director Ashutosh Gowariker is confident that his new film "Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey" on the Chittagong uprising would be an enlightening experience for people in the subcontinent as he himself was shocked to learn he knew nothing about it.

"I was shocked that I did not know anything about it. So when I discovered this I thought I must express, meet and share with viewers that there was a revolution that we don't know anything about," Gowariker, who made the Oscar-nominated hit "Lagaan" and epic blockbuster "Jodhaa Akbar", told IANS on phone from Mumbai.

For Gowariker "the most important thing" about his third foray into historical cinema "was that it was a revolution of such vastness and magnitude involving not one person but 64 revolutionaries led by Surjya Sen", a school teacher who carried out the Chittagong armoury raid in 1930 in British India.

He is confident that the film, which opens worldwide Dec 3, would be of great interest to Indians at home and abroad despite the relative obscurity of the featured incident.

"Absolutely," he said. "I mean Indians everywhere, even overseas Indians. I would say the entire subcontinent, including Pakistan and Bangladesh, because Chittagong is now in Bangladesh."

Though historical cinema does "not necessarily" allow directors to work on a larger canvas, Gowariker says in his case "the themes have been such which lend themselves to having a scale."

"Be it 'Lagaan' - though it's completely my imagination - about a small village standing up against British rule or 'Jodhaa Akbar' about a Mughal emperor, it automatically lends itself to grandeur."

Similarly, "Khelein Hum..." about 64 people and five centres of British power naturally lends itself to scale. However, his third period film after "Lagaan" and "Jodhaa Akbar" can't be categorised as coincidence, Gowariker said.

"Because when I look back it's the themes which have interested me. I think each theme required some kind of different era to tell that story. That's why each of these had these settings."

"Khelein Hum..." takes its name from a revolutionary song featured prominently in Amitabh Bachchan's film "Main Azaad Hoon" because 56 of the 64 revolutionaries were teenagers, just 13-14-year-olds.

"I was quite fascinated to know that at such a young age a kid was thinking about revolution and about the country. I wanted to reflect the spirit of these teenagers playing with their lives. And that aspect would be justified by the title."

Gowariker said he "discovered the revolution" through Manini Chatterjee's book "Do And Die" and based the entire film on it as this is the only source about it.

"In fact she is the daughter-in-law of Kalpana Datta, who was one of the key revolutionaries in Surjya Sen's group and so Manini has kind of first hand information about it through Kalpana."

"Khelein Hum..." is both a commercial and an artistic film "as both go hand in hand," he says. "I would say both. If I have to make a revolution known to the world, it should be seen by more people."

But unlike his previous films, this film does not have music by A.R. Rehman simply because "Rahman has been very busy since his Oscar march with international projects."

"So I think it's completely unfair to expect him to continue doing Hindi films when he can actually explore a much wider horizon," Gowariker said.

He picked Abhishek Bachchan and Deepika Padukone for these decidedly non-glamorous roles because "when I read the book, the image that kept forming in my mind was Abhishek and discovered that the quality of Surjya Sen's character aligned with Abhishek".

"I had a feel for Deepika. And an uncanny part is she resembles the photographic evidence about Kalpana Datta."

Gowariker says he did not actually shoot the film in Chittagong in neighbouring Bangladesh because the location that was there in the 1930s no longer exists in that shape.


Madhur Bhandarkar feels good after making a comedy

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 01:53 AM PST

Madhur Bhandarkar feels good after making a comedy

National award-winning director Madhur Bhandarkar, who has moved away from serious cinema to comedy with "Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji", says Tabu asked him to try his hand at a comic caper almost a decade ago.

"While we were making 'Chandni Bar', Tabu told me, 'why don't you make a comedy?' It took me 10 years to finally implement that. But I'm happy that finally I have made it," Bhandarkar told reporters Saturday here.

"This is the other side of me because I have a good sense of humour. People who know me closely, know that I'm a very humorous and extrovert kind of person."

The director unveiled the first look of "Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji" Saturday that stars Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi and Omi Vaidya, Shruti Haasan, Shazahn Padamsee and Shraddha Das. Co-produced by Bhandarkar and Kumar Mangat Pathak, the romantic comedy is about three men and their encounters with love. It is slated to hit screens Jan 28.

"This is the first time I'm making a romantic comedy and I hope as people loved my earlier films, they accept this movie too," said the 42-year-old.

"My cinema has always been hard-hitting and real. This is a comedy but everyone will be able to relate to the subject. For the first time, my film is not inspired by any newspaper clippings or real life incidences. This story is fictional but can be anyone's story. It has a good blend of humour and realism," he added.

Bhandarkar moved to comedy because he doesn't want to to be typecast.

"As a filmmaker I should make all kinds of films. I should not get typecast. The problem is that when I make serious cinema, people say that Madhur only makes realistic, issue-based cinema.

"Now when I'm trying to make something different, people are saying Madhur should stick to what he does best. But I wanted to try something new, so I have just attempted something different," he said.

The director is also quite thankful to yesteryear actor Shatrughan Sinha for giving him the title.

"I want to thank Shatrughanji because he had this title and when I asked him for it, he readily gave it to me. So I want to really thank him for that," he said.


0 comments:

Post a Comment