Sunday, November 7, 2010

[ItzToday.com] Emma Watson wants dating

[ItzToday.com] Emma Watson wants dating


Emma Watson wants dating

Posted: 07 Nov 2010 07:21 AM PST

Emma Watson wants datingActress Emma Watson, who is single right now, says she wants to be in love but men neither ask her out nor she gets marriage proposals.

"It's time I got more naughty. Three months ago I cut my hair and at that moment I felt I became a woman. I'm ready to start taking risks," thesun.co.uk quoted Watson as saying.

The 20-year-old, known for her role as Hermione Granger in the hit "Harry Potter" franchise, says men rarely ask her for a date.

"I'm very romantic and, of course, I want to be in love. I've been in love once in my life, but it was complicated. I can't tell you who it was because it wouldn't be fair... But I can say I've never had my heart broken."

"I like men with quick wit, good conversation and a great sense of humour. I love banter. I want a man to like me for me. I want him to be authentic. But men don't really ask me out. And I don't get marriage proposals any more either. It's not happening there," she added.

But is she ready to mingle?

"At the moment I'm just happy to be single. I want to live life to the full. But I'm more grown up and confident now. I'm ready to take more risks. I feel less girlish than ever."

Watson was only nine when she was cast to play Hermione Granger in the film adaptations of JK Rowling's hugely successful Harry Potter books.


Amitabh Bachchan: Success requires hard work and pain

Posted: 07 Nov 2010 07:14 AM PST

Amitabh Bachchan: Success requires hard work and painBollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, an iconic celebrity known for his awe-inspiring acting abilities, believes that success can only be achieved through hard work and pain.

"Nothing in this world is achieved without pain, hard work, sweat, blood and tears, the sooner we reconcile to this fact the better; the sooner we start to act on it even better!" Bachchan wrote in his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.

The veteran actor feels even when one feels like relaxing, one should continue to maintain the same consistency. "There are times when you feel the need to allow inconsistency to set in, but that is not an option at all, work it shall be," he wrote.

For him the story of "Adam and Eve" is a lesson and we need to earn the right to live through hard work and effort.

"Man was told that on day one after the apple incident - you shall earn your survival through hard labour and the woman shall bear child in pain, dare we mortals, common and general, ever challenge that?"

Even with the years of experience behind him, the actor still gets butterflies in his stomach before he leaves for work.

"Anticipation of work begins to build in after a short gap, the butterflies and the nerves act up and the mind begins to gear up to perform to the optimum," wrote the 67-year-old thespian.


Aishwarya Rai calls her 'Action Replayy' role a collage of 70s actresses

Posted: 07 Nov 2010 06:09 AM PST

Aishwarya Rai calls her 'Action Replayy' role a collage of 70s actressesAishwarya Rai, who plays a 'typical' girl of the 1970s in the retro comedy "Action Replayy", says she didn't try to imitate any particular actress, but picked from the looks and mannerisms of all reigning heroines of that era.

"There isn't any particular actor whom I followed. In terms of visual styling, make-up and hair, there are lots of actresses from that time. There is no signature reference of any particular actor of that time. It's a collage of all actors," Aishwarya, 37, told IANS in an interview.

Preceded by serious roles in period films like "Umrao Jaan" (2006) and "Jodhaa Akbar" (2008), it was the word 'retro' that caught her attention when the film was offered to her.

Aishwarya reveals that "Action Replayy" was originally a play by the film's director Vipul Shah himself, and he did not deviate much from the original script.

"It's wonderful that I had so much of period films to do and yet they are all different. When Vipul said he wanted to do a retro film, the word retro was quite catchy. He didn't call it historical era, period piece, pre-independence, he called it retro era," she said.

"The moment you say retro, we all go into the 70's. I instantly knew it was different," she said.

"It's a fun genre. Vipul was very clear about the film he was making. It was a play that he made several years ago. He was very clear in his narrative, and didn't want to change anything except when most necessary. Of course, we improvised, but not that much, because Vipul was clear about what each character was supposed to do," Aishwarya said.

The actress said though it's a comedy film, she got enough scope to exhibit her acting skills.

"This film gave me the opportunity to do something. We have pushed the envelope even in the comedy genre, where we have revisited another era. Of course, visually there are aspects of styling, make-up and costume, and there are nuances in acting. As my character is very boisterous in the beginning of the film and then becomes mellow and feminine, we have spoofed it in the acting style of that time," said Aishwarya.

Did she ask for tips from her parents-in-law Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan?

"No, I didn't sit with Ma or Paa because, like Paa has always said, your work speaks volumes. You need not sit with them and literally speak. You have their films to refer to," she said.

Aishwarya feels her career has come full circle in the past two years as she is doing films with directors she worked with in her initial days.

"I am thankful to get such good roles in my career. It's a blessing and there are lots of very good memories and they were fulfilling," she said.


0 comments:

Post a Comment