Saturday, September 18, 2010

“# 10 Chinese General Blog – Redkemp” plus 7 more

“# 10 Chinese General Blog – Redkemp” plus 7 more


# 10 Chinese General Blog – Redkemp

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 02:17 PM PDT


I mentioned that I was going to visit the 141 blogs aggregated at Chinalyst and introduce them here over the coming days/weeks for PanAsianBiz readers.

The number of blogs about China in English are growing and there is plenty to read for those interested in the goings on in China and reading about it from different perspectives.china.blog.award.winner.jpg

The number ten blog in the General Chinese Blog category is Redkemp.

Some recent posts at Redkemp:

Are the Olympics Over Yet?

Last Day in Beijing

Leaving China

China’s Internet Gaming Anti-Addication Law

International Music Video Challenge

Tell the Redkemp folk that PAB sent you. 

 

Eight Tibetan Monks vs. Toddler

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 10:16 AM PDT

US Poverty Rose From 13.2 % To 14.3%

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 09:56 AM PDT


In latest news related to United State of America, in the country the poverty rate in year 2008 was 13.2 percent and it saw a 1.1 percent hike in the number in year 2009 that was 14.3 percent.

As per US Census Bureau in America, out of seven people one lived in poverty in yesteryear. Current scenario shows in America the lack of money and turning down of incomes.

Financial year 2008-2009 was under recession period Obama said that in last year American saw the lowest point of the recession wherein significant losses took place in employment and economic recovery package passed last year, helped to keep millions American out of falling into poverty in year 2009.

Source – Business Standard

Image Source – Product Reviews Net

CUSAT Results Of B.Tech 6th Semester Exam

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 09:22 AM PDT


Cochin University of Science and Technology published CUSAT Results 2010 for B.Tech of 6th semester which was held in month of April 2010. The results were published on 18th September, 2010 on official website of university i.e. www.results.cusat.ac.in.

Those students who want to enroll for revaluation of their exams, they do have time between 1st October, 2010 to 8th October, 2010 for same purpose. All students may visit to http://results.cusat.ac.in to download the latest information & news for the Cusat Exam Results 2010.

In keeping with the motto of the University; "Tejasvinavadhithamastu", which conveys, "May learning illumine us both, the teacher and the taught", the atmosphere in the campus is vibrant and intellectual. Read More

Daimler, VW, Mercedes, BMW, Audi vs Japan

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 06:15 AM PDT


Daimler, VW, Mercedes, BMW and AUDI are all competing against Japan.

All of these companies are trying to create a cleaner and greener diesel car engine that can compete against, for example, Toyota Prius or Honda FIT .

Good luck, guys!

Their only hope is for the US government to chip in tax benefits. Yeah, right!

15 years ago or maybe more, I drove a 1000cc 3 cylinder diesel Daihatsu in Japan. At that time it got 55 and sometimes 60 mpg.  And I paid about $2.20/gal for diesel fuel to the then going rate of $3.80 gallon for gas.

Yo, guys, you have a long way to go to catch up to Japan when it comes to making cars.

That’s what I think.

What do you think?

Vishnuvardhan 60th Birth Anniversary Marked With Film Festival

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 04:07 AM PDT


There is a huge response from the fans at a three day Simhavalokana Film Festival that has been organized in the memory of famous Kannada actor Vishnuvardhan. The film festival is organized by the family of the late actor to mark his 60th birth anniversary.

The film festival is going to be a three day long affair, where Vishnuvardhan's 12 movies are going to be screened. The festival began on Friday, September 17, 2010.

Vishnuvardhan's daughter Keerthi, as a gesture of her fondness for her father has put together a collage of the snaps of the late actor at the festival. She said, "These are small ways in which we can show our love for him."

Sarvana who was seen in almost every year of Vishnuvardhan's movies claims to be the actor's biggest fan. He said, "I have watched all his movies. I was so involved in the birth anniversary celebrations that I have not gone to work for the past few days."

Source: DNA

East Meets West -or- Living With My Chinese In-Laws

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 02:13 AM PDT


Disclaimer: I love my Chinese in-laws. I know, Chinese don’t usually say that to their parents, but I can say it – I am made in the USA.

To my Chinese friends: please learn to laugh at yourself sometimes.

My Chinese in-laws have come to live with us. They have been in our home for what seems like a time period equal to China’s long history. Less I wake up and forget they are still in my home, here are 10 reminders that my wife’s parents are still here.

1. My house smells like the Chinese kitchen of a local Mr. Chau’s, North China restaurant, Super Buffet or whatever. My mother-in-law is a great cook, no doubt it about it. And if you don’t believe me, ask my nose.

2. Our dishwasher has lost its purpose in life. Despite the fact that the four of us use more dishes than my five siblings, my mother and father and grandfather and me used when we were growing up…out dishwasher has never been used. It thinks it is just a dish rack.

3. There are things in my refrigerator that I cannot name or even recognize as food for that matter. I am sincerely afraid to ask what is what for fear that someone will tell me. I usually just close my eyes and hope I can find the milk and get out as quick as possible – cow milk is what I want NOT soy milk.

4. We’ve not bought trash bags, um, ever. Lion and Ranch 99 plastic grocery bags do double and sometimes triple duty at our house. Thanks, mom and dad, for saving on the weekly grocery bill.

5. I can’t follow the discussion at the dinner table. Now I can tell my family what time I will be home, where I am going and the other basics. But, I don’t know anything about Chinese history – in Chinese – or about the neighbors, the in-laws of my in-laws (how do the Chinese remember all those terms for family relatives?) so, usually I enjoy dinner semi-alone while the other three enjoy some sort of lively discussion.

6. Speaking of eating – food NEVER gets wasted. Never ever. If we don’t clean it up the first, second, third, fourth or fifth time it makes an appearance at the table, it will keep coming until I do.

7. No one invites us to Tupperware parties anymore. We have very carefully rinsed margarine tubs, take-home food containers, glass jars (that double as cups) and….

8. Paper napkins mysteriously appear. We have a tissue box that NEVER runs out. It’s a miracle – really. Same box sits on the counter and there are always new and sometimes different color napkins that come out of it. Elijah would be jealous.

9. Snack food in the car when we take a drive (anything over 15 minutes is a drive) is no fun. Everything is dried up – squid, apricots, plums and who knows what? “How about a snack, Bill?” “No! I am driving and can’t eat now.”

10. The flowers in my front yard seem to change color much like the napkins in my mystery Kleenex box. Every week there are different flowers, different colors and on different sides of the front yard. I wonder sometimes if I am coming home to the right place.

My in-laws have invaded, I mean, come to stay in my home. And, try as I might I will never forget they are there. God love ‘em and God have mercy on me. 8-)


go to 老毕看中国

Acer Ferrari Mobile Launched In India – Acer Liquid E Ferrari Smartphone Resembles Ferrari F1 Sports Car

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 12:38 AM PDT


One of the biggest companies dealing in computing technology and electronics, Acer recently launched its Special Edition Liquid E Ferrari smartphone in India. The new smartphone has an impressive look and resembles the Ferrari F1 sports car that has the 'Scuderia Ferrari' shield.

The Acer Liquid E Special Edition Smartphone has a 3.5 inch WVGA touch screen with 3G HSDPA support and 65k colour support. These smartphones are powered by Android. The Acer Ferrari allows easy access to all the popular social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

The 135 gm Acer smartphone has a variety of connectivity options like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and A-GPS. It also offers a Ferrari brand Bluetooth. The Acer Web Player and Acer Media Player are in-built in these smartphones. The phone has an 5MP camera that has auto focus, geo tagging and accelerometer that enables enhanced picture quality.

With all the A-grade facilities, the Acer E Ferrari is priced at Rs 29,999 and it will remain the same till Diwali. But the company is going to revise the prices after the festive season ends.

Source: IC-Tech

0 comments:

Post a Comment