Saturday, September 18, 2010

[ItzToday.com] Hot Mallika Sherawat sizzles in Lakme Fashion Week

[ItzToday.com] Hot Mallika Sherawat sizzles in Lakme Fashion Week


Hot Mallika Sherawat sizzles in Lakme Fashion Week

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 04:46 AM PDT

Hot Mallika Sherawat sizzles in Lakme Fashion WeekBollywood bombshell Mallika Sherawat lifted the spirits of the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Friday by attending fashion designer Anita Dongre's show as a guest.

When quizzed why she didn't make Mallika her showstopper, Dongre said: "I just invited her as a friend to attend the show. In fact, my showstoppers were two Rajasthani dancers who came all the way from Jaipur and did a wonderful job."

The outfit Mallika was wearing was from Dongre's summer collection, the designer revealed.

"She was wearing one of my designed outfits. She was wearing a yellow organic cotton federate dress from my summer 2011 collection," Dongre told reporters after the show.

In the collection, the embroidery was cleverly used on cuffs, necklines and yokes in glittering gold and silver. Drapes appeared on dresses with the greatest of ease as they innovatively moved all over the garments, while cowls were used with great ingenuity.

The silhouettes were figure-hugging and sexy and the highlights were a raglan-sleeved cowl-neck outfit, and a hooded one with a cowled yoke and a simple elegant printed sheath.

"It was Rajasthan inspired, I enjoyed designing it. Everyone was wearing bandni dresses which were again inspired by Rajasthan," said Dongre.

The designer also wanted to promote Rajasthan's folk culture through her show.

"I really want to promote folk art. Rajasthani dancers were my way of saying India should treasure its folk artists and I think from now on in every show, I am going to get folk artistes from across the country. I will put them on the ramp as I think that they deserve to be recognised," said Dongre.

Apart from Mallika, Dongre's show had a band of women celebrities cheering for her. They included Sunidhi Chauhan, Esha Koppikar, Diana Hayden, Dipannita Sharma, Gurinder Chadha, Tisca Chopra and Vidya Malvade.


Hindi Movie Action Replayy and Golmaal-3 to clash on Diwali

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 04:41 AM PDT

Hindi Movie Action Replayy and Golmaal-3 to clash on Diwali
This Diwali get ready for two fun films done in two different shades of laughter.

Vipul Shah's "Action Replayy" will take on the third instalment of the "Gol Maal" series.

But Vipul is pretty much confident there is room for two fun films.

"Haven't we always had two big releases every Diwali? Besides, the humour in 'Gol Maal' is very different from the humour in my film. There's already an established convention of humour in 'Gol Maal'. Ours is a very different take."

The film has Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan travelling back in time to the 1970s.

"But," cautions Vipul, "there is more than just the retro effect in the film. I don't want audiences to go for the film expecting just a nostalgic experience."

In a few days Akshay and Aishwarya would be deejays at a night club in the suburbs of Mumbai where they will be playing all their favourite music from the 1970s.

"I hope the two of them come prepared for the event with the songs," says Vipul.

Last week, Vipul made news by gifting Akshay a Rs.8 lakh 1938 vintage watch for the star's birthday.

Vipul is embarrassed: "Gifts are not to be talked about."


Ranbir Kapoor says I will not marry an actress

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 04:34 AM PDT

Ranbir Kapoor says I will not marry an actressAll you Ranbir Kapoor female fans, here's some good news - the young and dashing actor says there is no compulsion for him to marry an actress and that he is open to a girl from any profession.

"Don't assume I will only marry an actress. I can marry somebody who is in another profession," Ranbir, who was until recently dating actress Deepika Padukone, told reporters here.

And he is not at all fussy about what he wants in his wife-to-be.

"There are no specifications as such…not that I want a girl of 5'4 height only, or anything…she should be a nice-hearted, simple girl, who respects elders…yeah…that's good enough," he added.

The 27-year-old, who used to feel uncomfortable watching his mother, yesteryears actress Neetu Kapoor romancing other heroes in films, says he will be open to the idea of letting his future wife pursue her career.

"Absolutely! Her career will be her choice. My mother left her career because she wanted to. She felt her priority was to make a home and bring up children. So it depends on the person I marry, there will be no pressures from me."

Ranbir has now overcome his hang-ups with his mother's movies also.

"I was very young when I used to feel uncomfortable watching mom's films. I have grown up now and I understand this business better...So I don't think I will be uncomfortable with anything," he said.

In fact, now he is extremely excited about his mother's comeback with his father Rishi in the upcoming movie "Do Dooni Chaar".

"Seeing them together on screen after so many years was heartwarming. It makes me feel so good. I have seen the film and it is genuinely good," said Ranbir, whose upcoming release "Anjaana Anjaani" releases Sep 24 - just two weeks before his parents' film.

About sharing space with is parents, he said: "I am not doing any film with my parents. But yes I would love to act with them one day."


Kareena Kapoor to Celebrate her 30th birthday in Latvia

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 04:24 AM PDT

Kareena Kapoor to Celebrate her 30th birthday in LatviaKareena Kapoor will bring in her 30th birthday on Sep 21 in Latvia, where she is busy shooting for "Agent Vindo" with beau Saif Ali Khan.

Since "Agent Vinod" is Saif's home production, he and Kareena are planning to fly down to be with Kareena's mother (Babita) in Latvia for the birthday.

Her sister Karisma cannot join them because of her baby and Kareena expresses helplessness about her impossible schedules.

"What can I do? I barely have time to breathe. I've just come to Mumbai for two days. I've been away for 25 days. Now I fly off to Latvia for over a month's shooting," said Kareena.

Talking about her future, she said: "I'm now entering a new phase in my life and career. This year I hope to conquer many new peaks. By god's grace 'Agent Vinod' and 'Ra.One' are shaping up very well."

Kareena has also signed Madhur Bhandarkar's "Heroine", but the film's shooting has been postponed. Confirming the news, she said: "Madhur is still working on the script. We start shooting the film when the script is ready in the next three months. Right now Madhur is busy with 'Dil To Bachcha Hai Jee'."


Shraddha Kapoor new brand ambassador of Lakme

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 04:00 AM PDT

Shraddha Kapoor new brand ambassador of LakmeAfter models like Indrani Das Gupta, Amrit Maghera and Lisa Haydon, actress Shraddha Kapoor will endorse cosmetic giant Lakmé as its new face.

"I am very excited to be associated with Lakmé. It's an honour for me to be a part of an ensemble of beautiful women who have been heralded as icons of Indian beauty. Right from my childhood, I have been fascinated with make-up and the whole art of dressing up. You can say, it's a dream come true," Shraddha, daughter of Shakti Kapoor, said in a statement.

In the past, a bevy of beautiful women including Rekha, Aishwarya Rai, Bipasha Basu, Lisa Ray, Yana Gupta, Raima Sen and Katrina Kaif endorsed Lakmé.

As the new face for the brand, Shraddha will be part of the advertising campaigns and will also walk the ramp at the grand finale of Lakmé Fashion Week, starting Friday.

"Our faces over the years have been women who were famous for their style, poise and most of all, for their Indian yet contemporary looks," said N. Rajaram, vice-president, Lakmé.

"We are glad to have Shraddha on board as she embodies the spirit of the contemporary Indian woman. Her persona and beauty makes her a great choice for Lakmé."

Shraddha made her debut in Bollywood with "Teen Patti" that also starred legends like Amitabh Bachchan and Ben Kingsley.


Asin to endorse new Lux soap

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 03:52 AM PDT

Asin to endorse new Lux soapActress Asin Thottumkal has joined the likes of Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif as the new brand ambassador of Lux soap.

She has been signed as the face of the soap's new variant Lux Sandal & Cream.

"It's a beauty accolade to be associated with the legendary beauty brand Lux, which has celebrated beauty and glamour over the decades. It gives me immense pride to endorse the new natural variant Lux Sandal & Cream, as I truly believe in being beautiful the natural way," Asin said in a statement.

"The credit of rooting the right beauty mantra goes to my mom, who being a doctor, has always entrusted the beauty of my skin to sandalwood, due to its magical cleansing, toning and moisturising attributes," she added.

Asin has features in commercials for Mirinda, Big Bazaar, Sure - Anti perspirant, Tata Sky, Clinic All Clear and Fairever Fairness cream.


Suniel Shetty not to do supporting roles any more

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 03:37 AM PDT

Suniel Shetty not to do supporting roles any moreSuniel Shetty, who has been saying no to a lot of filmmakers, has turned down the offer from his favourite director Priyadarshan because the role didn't shape up to his satisfaction.

"The role did not shape up either to Priyan's or my satisfaction. So we decided to part ways on this one. In fact, Priyan himself suggested I pass this one," said Suniel.

Priyadarshan's new film features Ajay Devgn, Anil Kapoor and Kunal Kapoor, among others. Suniel had been all but finalised for one of the pivotal parts.

So is there any ill-will between Priyan and Suniel over this matter?

"None at all. Priyan and I go back a long way. I've always done whatever he has offered me. But now it's time for me to think about the next level in my career. I can't be doing supporting parts any more," said Suniel.

After the much-acclaimed part in "Red Alert", there will be no more peripheral parts for the actor. At the moment Anees Bazmi's "Thank You" is his last assignment on hand.

Suniel has returned from a long schedule of Anees Bazmi's "Thank You" with fond memories of his birthday in Toronto Aug 11.

Co-star and friend Akshay Kumar threw a surprise party for him.

"He didn't only arrange the party, he looked into the minutest detail including the food I like. Akki knows I don't drink. So he had arranged my favourite fruit juices. It was just a small party with our friends like Bobby Deol and Anees Bazmi. It was a memorable evening."

"We started our careers at around the same time and we've done any number of films together. But do supporting parts with him? Thank You, but no thank you," he said.

It seems now that his two children are stepping out of adolescence, Suniel wants to spend as much time with them as possible before they leave home. His daughter will be attending college next year.


Zee TV serial 'Pavirtra Rishta' crew upsets Ekta Kapoor

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 03:29 AM PDT

Zee TV serial 'Pavirtra Rishta' crew upsets Ekta KapoorTV czarina Ekta Kapoor, who is known for her strictness, went fuming when on a surprise visit to the sets of her popular Zee TV show "Pavitra Rishta" she found the crew working mindlessly on the storyline.

Ekta was upset on finding out that her team was busy making her lead protagonists Manav and Archana rehearse for a dance sequence together even though the current track of the show has the two facing difficult times, said a source from the sets.

The dance sequence was being shot for a two-hour Ganesh Chaturthi special episode, to be aired Monday.

Ekta was quick to express displeasure at the dance sequence, and said: "There has to be a thread of continuity and consistency in the plot even if a festive celebration comes up. The current track shows a growing distance between Manav and Archana. I am not about to make things frivolous by throwing in a dance number for the heck of it."

However, her team explained that the dance act was planned on public demand. Besides, the actors, Sushant Rajput and Ankita Lokhande had spent nearly three days getting the choreography right.

Finally Ekta, who is the head honcho of Balaji Telefilms, agreed to retain the act but brainstormed herself for a twist to fit the dance sequence in the storyline.

"Ekta had a problem with Manav and Archana dancing together, but she suggested that they can always dance in a dream," said the source.

That wasn't the only issue faced by the team while shooting the special episode.

Lead actress Ankita created quite a fuss over her costume for the dance sequence.

On the final day of shoot, when her stylist brought in her costume, she felt they weren't dignified enough for her character Archana - a simple and demure girl.

Her lehenga had an extra-long slit, the blouse was low-cut and the corset revealed her midriff. So, the actress gave her stylist a tough time until she was absolutely comfortable with her dress.

"My character Archana is a role model for thousands of women across the country. She is the ideal wife, daughter and bahu (daughter-in-law). The last thing I would want is for people to see me doing an item number. The clothes brought on the sets were far from aesthetic and tasteful. So I put my foot down and got the changes I needed. If that ruffles somebody's feathers, too bad," said Ankita.


Mohanlal out of 'Saat Khoon Maaf'

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 03:23 AM PDT

Mohanlal out of 'Saat Khoon Maaf'Malayalam superstar Mohanlal, who returns to Hindi movies with Priyadarshan's next, says he is still puzzled why he is not in Vishal Bharadwaj's "Saat Khoon Maaf".

"I was on for the role. I had been finalised and signed. I was not even told why my services were not needed. But I'd rather not talk about this. I'd rather focus on talking about Priyan's film," said Mohanlal, 50, who was to play one of Priyanka Chopra's seven husbands in the film.

Right now he is excited about Priyadarshan's thriller, which will be shot on a speeding train in London. This is Mohanalal and Priyan's 40th film together.

"I haven't asked Priyan what my role is. He told me he needed me for a cameo. And I agreed," said the actor whose last Hindi movie was the disastrous "Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag".

In Priyadarshan's film, Mohanlal plays a Malayali cop in Britain. In Varma's "Company" he had played a south Indian police commissioner. In both cases, the characters were altered for Mohanlal's sake. But the actor says language is not a barrier anymore.

"The language is not really important. I am shooting a terrorist drama 'Khandahar' right now and it's hard to say what the language of the film is. The characters speak in Malayalam, Hindi and English. I think cinema now transcends all linguistic barriers."

Priyadarshan, who is teaming with his favourite actor after eight years, said: "I've done 39 films with Mohanlal so far. For the last eight years we haven't worked together. I was busy doing remakes of Mohanlal films with Akshay Kumar. I thought it was high time that I did something again with the original. Mohanlal didn't even ask me what his role in the film was. That's the level of trust we have."


Salman Khan life inspires Tamil producer

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 03:17 AM PDT

Salman Khan life inspires Tamil producerGauging a strong fan following for Salman Khan in the south, producer B.K. Krishnan of BRK films is set to make a movie inspired by the ups-and-downs of the life and loves of the Bollywood superstar.

The film is tentatively titled "Anna Salman" or "Brother Salman", but the producer is yet to zero in on an actor to play Salman.

"I am still looking for a hero to play Salman's role. The film is not based on Sallu bhai's life, it is only vaguely inspired by it. We all love Salman Khan and his movies. When I read the script, I immediately decided to do the movie," Krishnan said in a statement.

Sources said that the script has similar incidents like the Bandra bakery accident and the Black Buck poaching case. However, the hero is shown as a good character, who lands up at a wrong place at the wrong time and messes up his life.

The film would also show that the hero also has a torrid relationship with a young actress - an apparent reference to Salman Khan's troubled past relationship with Aishwarya Rai, to be played out by Rittu Sachdev.

"Out and out, the film is a comedy and the hero comes out of his troubles triumphant and much loved by everyone, in spite of the initial bad phase," said Krishnan.


0 comments:

Post a Comment