Friday, September 17, 2010

[ItzToday.com] I've done something for Salman Khan: Arbaaz

[ItzToday.com] I've done something for Salman Khan: Arbaaz


I've done something for Salman Khan: Arbaaz

Posted: 17 Sep 2010 04:02 AM PDT

I've done something for Salman Khan: ArbaazArbaaz Khan is happy that by producing "Dabangg" he has done something for brother Salman Khan and not just vice versa. He feels the movie has been great for the whole family.

"Let's be practical and honest - his (Salman's) last big hit was 'Wanted' and the way things are going this one can be twice or thrice bigger than that. So it's a great feeling to know that not only has he worked for me, helped in establishing myself, but the film has worked for him also. It's great for the whole family," Arbaz told IANS in an interview.

"The best compliment till now was when someone told me 'initially it looked like Salman was doing a film for you and ultimately it turned out to be something you have done for Salman'. There couldn't be any better compliment than this," he added.

Set in rustic and rugged Uttar Pradesh, Abhinav Kashyap's directorial debut has set cash registers ringing by earning Rs.48.25 crore (gross) at the opening weekend. People loved Salman Khan as corrupt cop Chulbul 'Robinhood' Pande in the movie, which also features Arbaaz's wife Malaika in an item number.

Arbaaz said: "I was confident that we had a good film in hand, which would do very well. The film's success has not come as a shock, probably it's a surprise that it has done so well."

Arbaaz contained his excitement until Monday as experience has taught him not to be too optimistic.

"We were of course very happy. But sometimes people jump the gun talking too big too fast. Fortunately for us it has not only maintained the hype but lived up to everyone's expectation.

"People really loved the film and they are going again and again to see it.

That's the only way a film can become very big - when it starts getting a repeat audience," said Arbaaz, who also features in the movie.

The film has earned over Rs.65 crore in the first five days and Arbaz admits one cannot make a film like "Dabangg" without a big star, but says the film's success is the cumulative effort of the whole team, including newcomer Sonakshi Sinha.

"Salman's magic in this film has definitely worked, but we should not undermine the effort of other people. The film has a very beautiful young girl (Sonakshi) and she was very impressive; so had been the performance of the other cast.

"Salman is a kind of engine that has driven it and given the opportunity to take the film to another level, but it has become complete with a lot of other people's contribution," said Arbaaz.

Asked if he would like to work with Kashyap again, he said: "I have kept myself open to work with anybody, any fresh talent with new ideas. Of course, we have established a mutual working relationship, but at the same time I would like to work with established directors and other new bunch of people."

Arbaaz is not in a hurry to start his second project.

"I am still not done with 'Dabangg'. There is even bigger work to make it sustain for four to five weeks. After that I would probably take some time off and chill with my family, think of some ideas and hear some script.

"If something excites me then only I will start my next production. I won't start a film only because I am capable of starting a film," he said.


Bollywood hottie Priyanka Chopra relies on God for her prince charming

Posted: 17 Sep 2010 03:56 AM PDT

Bollywood hottie Priyanka Chopra relies on God for her prince charming She has her own parameters of what her ideal man should be like, but actress Priyanka Chopra, who is being linked to Shahid Kapoor these days, says she has left it to god to choose a suitable life partner for her when the time is right.

"I feel every girl thinks about her ideal man since her childhood, but I have learnt that we must not make such plans, and that especially goes for me... because I propose, and then god disposes. He says 'I have my own plans for you'," Priyanka told reporters here when asked about the kind of groom she wants.

"Till now, I have felt like god's chosen child. He has blessed me and I have got immense success. So I hope He finds the right guy for me whenever it is the right time," she added.

Priyanka, who was in the capital Thursday for the promotion of her romantic film "Anjaana Anjaani", releasing Sep 24, also shared what she wants in her groom.

"He should be sincere, honest and he should love me unconditionally... and yes, he should be funny," said the 28-year-old.

But hasn't she already found her man in Shahid Kapoor?

"I have decided to talk about my professional life only. I don't talk about my personal life anymore. Yes, the media has a right to ask...but I have always denied it and will keep denying it," she said.

The young National Award winner also retorted to a suggestion that this time around, she has escaped the usual link-up that happens with most actors before their film's release. Instead, rumours of her getting back with Shahid have been doing the rounds.

"Almost all films made in India are romantic... so you mean that for every film, with every actor, I should have a romantic link-up? So that you believe the film is real? We do fiction films. Maybe when I do docu-dramas, I will do a film with my boyfriend or husband. But otherwise, we try and keep everything very professional in the industry," said Priyanka, whose next projects include "Saat Khoon Maaf", "Don 2" and Anurag Basu's next, again opposite Ranbir.


Ranbir bemoans 'Anjaana Anjaani' releasing on Ayodhya verdict day

Posted: 17 Sep 2010 03:46 AM PDT

Ranbir bemoans 'Anjaana Anjaani' releasing on Ayodhya verdict dayBollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor says it is "unfortunate" that his upcoming movie "Anjaana Anjaani" is releasing Sep 24 - the day when the verdict in the 51-year-old Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid legal dispute will be pronounced.

"Unfortunately our film is coming on that same date. I wish the film wouldn't have been releasing on Sep 24 because that day we need to seek harmony in our country and live with peace," Ranbir told reporters here.

The 16th century Babri Mosque was demolished by Hindu mobs Dec 6, 1992, following rival claims by Hindu and Muslim groups. The incident triggered communal violence leaving thousands dead across India.

Now Uttar Pradesh is fearing a repeat of communal violence post the verdict, to be announced by a special bench of the Allahabad High Court. The state has already sought 35,000 paramilitary personnel for security duty from the central government.

The 27-year-old actor hopes the proceedings are peaceful.

"It is a very important issue. As a citizen of our country, I wish the energies of our hearts, minds and souls are (directed) towards that. I hope nothing goes unruly and everything goes in peace," he said.

Ranbir, who was here to promote "Anjaana Anjaani" with co-star Priyanka Chopra, says he would have postponed the movie release if it were in his hands.

"Postponing the movie is not in my hands. A lot of people are involved now - producers, distributors and exhibitors. A lot of money is involved. It is really unfortunate that a film is releasing on a day like this when we should not celebrate. If I had my way, I would have postponed it."

"Anjaana Anjaani" is a love story about two strangers who meet on a bridge while they are about to commit suicide, and fall for each other. It has been directed by Siddharth Anand.


0 comments:

Post a Comment