Monday, October 11, 2010

[ItzToday.com] Akansha Sharma-Rouhan Abbas win 'Chhote Ustaad'

[ItzToday.com] Akansha Sharma-Rouhan Abbas win 'Chhote Ustaad'


Akansha Sharma-Rouhan Abbas win 'Chhote Ustaad'

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 11:05 PM PDT

Akansha Sharma-Rouhan Abbas win 'Chhote Ustaad'India's Akansha Sharma and Pakistan's Rouhan Abbas were Sunday night declared the winners of Star Plus' singing reality show "Amul Chhote Ustaad-Do Deshon Ki Ek Awaaz".

The combination of Akansha, 13, from Amritsar and Rouhan, also 13, from Lahore beat other two finalist pairs Rishabh Chaturvedi-Farrukh Ali Moon and Sayantan Paul-Ahsan Ali to walk away with the title of "Chhote Ustaad" and a cash award of Rs. 20 lakh.

Judged by singers Sonu Niigaam and Rahet Fateh Ali Khan, the show brought together raw talent from India and Pakistan in the age group of 8-13 years.

The show began with 10 pairs, an Indian and a Pakistani singer each, which over the period of three months and stiff competition came down to the final three.

The cast of upcoming film "Golmaal 3", including Tusshar Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Shreyas Talpade, Kunal Khemu and director Rohit Shetty attended the grand finale as special guests along with legendary singer Asha Bhosle.

The guest list also included Pakistani singer Shafaqat Amanat Ali of "Tere naina" fame and Master Salim of "Kadi te hans bol" fame.

The show was hosted by Abhas Joshi and actor Omi Vaidya.


Katy Perry finds Brand funniest in world

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 10:57 PM PDT

Katy Perry finds Brand funniest in world Pop star Katy Perry thinks her fiance Russell Brand is the "funniest man in the world".

The "I Kissed a Girl" singer, who is set to marry the British comedian in the next few weeks admits Brand is "brilliant" and never fails to make her laugh, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"I think he is the funniest man in the world. He is brilliant. People should not have a problem with him. Russell Brand is awesome," she said.


Singer Peter Andre has crush on Elizabeth Hurley

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 10:52 PM PDT

Singer Peter Andre has crush on Elizabeth Hurley Australian singer Peter Andre has revealed he has a crush on Elizabeth Hurley because she smells nice.

The "Mysterious Girl" singer, who has his own range of fragrances for men and women, admits he has admired the model-and-actress for several years and was even more impressed by her when they met a few years ago, reports list.co.uk.

"I went to give her a kiss at Elton John's White Tie and Tiara ball and thought, 'Wow you smell sensational.' I've fancied her since she was in 'Austin Powers' but she's attached, sadly," said the singer, who is currently single.


Actress Gemma Arterton discovers a writer in herself

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 10:48 PM PDT

Actress Gemma Arterton discovers a writer in herself British actress Gemma Arterton discovered sAdd Imagehe's got a promising career as a writer ahead of her while penning her character's journal in new movie "Tamara Drewe".

In order to get into the mind of her character, the former Bond girl scribbled down Drewe's back story and the film's screenwriter Moira Buffini was suitably impressed, reports contactmusic.com.

"I would write a little journal just to get into her thought pattern and then you start thinking like the character. I've never had the confidence to write but I've always admired writers... but with Tamara, I started writing a back story and it was really funny and I showed it to Moira Buffini, who wrote the screenplay and she said, 'This is really good'," she said.

"Maybe that's because I'm writing as the character; if I was writing about my own life it would be as dull as dishwater. As Tamara, it was sassy and sparky. Maybe that's what I should do - be different characters each day and dress up. I maybe on to a winner," she added.


Keira Knightley doubtful of her success

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 10:43 PM PDT

Keira Knightley doubtful of her success English actress Keira Knightley has revealed she is filled with doubts and insecurities, and often questions whether she is deserving of her success.

Despite a glittering Hollywood career after taking the lead in movies including "Atonement", "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Edge of Love", the 25-year-old beauty has struggled to acknowledge how successful she has become as an actress, reports contactmusic.com.

"It's taken me time to overcome my own doubts and insecurities. It's been my nature not to want to believe in my own success and that I don't deserve my success. But that's something I've fought to overcome," she said.

Keira is also still terrified about starting on a new movie set.

"I'm getting better, but the terror is still occasionally there! Sometimes you have to fight your fear prior to an important scene. You don't want to make a mess of things. I try not to place so much pressure on myself now," she said.


Akshaye Khanna says I like being invisible

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 10:39 PM PDT

Akshaye Khanna says I like being invisibleTalented Akshaye Khanna has come out of his cocoon to promote his forthcoming thriller "Aakrosh", but the low profile actor admits he loves dodging the media glare and enjoys being invisible.

"I love being low profile. I don't like to be in the press all the time. There are some people who love to be everywhere and visible all the time. I don't like it. I like to be invisible," Akshaye, who is known as a recluse in the industry, told IANS in an interview.

But he doesn't mind bending rules to promote his releases. "Definitely, when my film is about to release, I do whatever I can."

"In my invisible time, I watch a lot of movies, I read a lot, I have friends and family so I spend time with them and I sleep to the fullest. That's what I enjoy," said the actor who was launched by his actor-politician father Vinod Khanna with the 1997 movie "Himalaya Putra".

The 35-year-old, who has done films like "Taal", "Border", "Dil Chahta Hai", "Humraaz", "Hungama", "Hulchul", "Gandhi - My Father" and "Race", doesn't do too many films and claims it is safer to operate that way.

"I believe in today's time it's better to sit at home than do a bad film. I'm very satisfied with my career. It's been 16 years since I gave my first shot. It's been a long time. In a population of one billion, very few people get this opportunity to work in films. So I feel very blessed. It's not easy to survive as an actor. So I'm very happy," added the actor.

Akshaye, who was last seen in the 2009 release "Shortkut - The Con is On", is looking forward to his first release of the year "Aakrosh".

Releasing Friday, the action drama that revolves around honour killings will see Akshaye working with Ajay Devgn after a gap of eight years. The two were last seen in the 2002 film "Deewangee".

"I've got back with Ajay in a film after eight years. In fact, I told him recently that we should work together more often. Apart from having a very good personal relationship, I think we share a very good chemistry on screen.

"We work well together as actors and there is a comfort level between us and I think that's very important," revealed Akshaye, who is playing a cop in the film, directed by Priyadarshan.

The film also stars Bipasha Basu and Paresh Rawal in pivotal roles.

Asked whether he would like to get into production or direction like his contemporaries, the actor refused.

"I have no plans to get into direction or production. I just don't have any inclination. Some people have and they feel that one day they will direct a film, but I don't have any such wish. I'm very happy being an actor."

After "Aakrosh", the actor will also be seen in Farah Khan's directorial venture "Tees Maar Khan" at the end of the year.


0 comments:

Post a Comment