Sunday, March 21, 2010

CURRENTBLIPS

CURRENTBLIPS


Margaret Moth Margaret Moth has died

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 11:13 AM PDT


Margaret Gipsy Moth (1951 - 2010) was a CNN photojournalist.

Born in Gisborne, New Zealand as Margaret Wilson, she changed her name to Margaret Gipsy Moth reportedly because of her love for parachuting from Tiger Moth airplanes and her desire to have her "own" name.

She moved to the United States and worked for KHOU in Houston, Texas, for about seven years before moving to CNN in 1990.

In July 1992, Moth, at the time 41 years old, was shot and severely wounded while filming in Sarajevo. She underwent multiple surgeries that saved her life, but was left with permanent damage to her face and voice. Despite her injuries, she returned to work.

New Zealand-born internationally renowned photojournalist Margaret Moth has died of cancer.

She was 59.

Moth came to prominence after being almost killed when she was shot in the face covering the war in Sarajevo in 1992.

Given her jet-black hair, thick black eyeliner, black clothes and combat boots (which she often slept in while on assignment), people didn't always know what to think upon meeting her. She was quirky, the sort who excused herself from a social gathering by saying she had to wash her socks. And she was fearless, the kind of woman who not only kept the camera rolling while under fire, but zoomed in on a soldier who was shooting at her.

jesse james Michelle (Bombshell) McGee ex-husband

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 11:10 AM PDT


Jesse James isn't the only person involved in a bitter custody battle with an ex. Michelle (Bombshell) McGee, the alleged mistress of Sandra Bullock's husband, is caught is her own fight for guardianship over her child with ex-husband, Ronald Shane Modica.

"This might be a bit of a personal question, but your husband whispered something in your ear after your name was called," a journalist asked Sandy about the apparent moment husband and wife had a millisecond after she was named best actress Oscar winner.

"You expect me to tell you that? I know, bless your heart for trying. I mean you got to ask," Sandy told the reporter in her usual funny, but don't mess with me, style.

The TV mechanic's pitbull 'Cinnabun' had disappeared from his West Coast Choppers bike shop in Long Beach, California.

Kimora Lee Simmons I’m scared because how could I do everything

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 11:04 AM PDT


Kimora Lee Simmons (born Kimora Lee Perkins on May 4, 1975) is an American fashion model, author, and the president and Creative Director for Phat Fashions. Formerly the Creative Director of Baby Phat, Simmons became CEO of Phat Fashions after ex-husband Russell Simmons stepped down. A 2007 reality television show, Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane, focuses on her life as a mother and CEO of Phat Fashions. She has appeared in music videos and was a judge on the first season of America's Next Top Model. She was scheduled to return to the show as a judge starting with cycle 14. However, she changed her plans and will not return the show as judge.

"I'm scared because how could I do everything that I do on TV and how many more runways do I have to walk now pregnant, but I feel like it might be coming," she laughs during a day on which she moves into her new custom-built Beverly Hills home. "I feel like it might be coming again. [cackles] And I'm young, so why not?"

"I'm not the Hollywood girl who's going to tell you I'm juggling it all and everything's fine," she tells me. "Like, I had a breakdown today, and I cried when I missed the alarm lady. It's OK. I have people running around, and we're all trying to get it done. I have three children. I am not Hollywood perfect; 'I just won an Oscar yesterday; I'm writing my fifth bestseller book.' No. I'm a busy woman. I'm juggling a lot. I think it's way too much pressure to put on women to be perfect and get back to perfect shape. Perfect shape for whom? I feel perfect the way that I am. I'm very happy, very healthy. I think I'm taking great care of myself. I don't really put a number or size on it. And it's OK. I don't think you should push it and overdo it."

Danica McKellar is Pregnant Shocking News

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 10:56 AM PDT


Danica Mae McKellar (born January 3, 1975) is an American actress, mathematician, author and education advocate. She is best known for her role as Winnie Cooper in the television show The Wonder Years, and now as author of the two New York Times bestsellers, Math Doesn't Suck, and Kiss My Math, which encourage middle-school girls to learn math.

"I'm nearing the end of my first trimester and I'm so excited -- I've been bursting to tell people," says McKellar, 35, who played Winnie on "The Wonder Years," tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"Mike and I could not be more thrilled. I am excited to embark on 'The Wonder Years' of my own kids," Danica says.

Michele Bachmann spelling "America" and "Congresswoman"

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 10:50 AM PDT


Michele Marie Amble Bachmann (born April 6, 1956) is the United States Representative of Minnesota's 6th congressional district and member of the Republican Party. She is the third woman, and first Republican woman, to represent Minnesota in Congress. The 6th congressional district includes the northernmost suburbs of the Twin Cities along with St. Cloud.

"Michele Bachmann - Amaricas Congress Woman" reads the search banner for Bachmann's campaign Website, spotted Saturday by HuffPost's Jason Linkins.

If Bachmann herself has trouble spelling "America" and "Congresswoman" or employing basic punctuation, that might explain, in part, her antipathy for the U.S. Census Bureau.

Bachmann's endorsement is the main event at a party convention in St. Cloud. The two-term House member represents the 6th District, which sweeps around the northern Twin Cities suburbs and west past St. Cloud.

Meanwhile, Kline is on the agenda for a 2nd District GOP convention in Red Wing. He is serving his fourth term in a central Minnesota district south of the Twin Cities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment